Saturday 2 March 2013

Khushi



I'm falling into pieces
The rush of emotions left me in a daze
I'm hanging on a balance.

I die a little each day
With just your memories
I am not quite myself
I wonder if I'll ever be me again
When there's no You.

I tried so hard to speak
But the silence is overwhelming
Somehow I am more content to bask in its presence
Than lose myself in words
That don't mean a thing.
Not anymore.

I blanket myself in darkness.
Though there's a blue sky up above
Choking my soul
Tearing me up inside.

'Cause though I dreamed of a Happy Ending
Life handed me a Tragedy instead

And this is my Lovestory.


 (((asheil.nov. 26.2011.saturday.2012hrs.)))

NOTE: this poem I wrote after I read Ravinder Singh's novel entitled I Too Had a Love Story

1 comment:

  1. "I blanket myself in darkness.
    Though there's a blue sky up above
    Choking my soul
    Tearing me up inside."

    Heart-tugging, Sheila. I've never read the book, nor do I intend to... but I'm so glad such a beautiful poem came out of it. Keep writing, gal! :D

    ReplyDelete